BellHawk tracks materials on-line, in real-time, so managers, supervisors and employees have an instant view of jobs and customer orders.
Tracking the Manufacturing Process
Work-in-Process Software Applications by Barcoding, Inc.
For manufacturers, accurate and efficient work-in-process (WIP) flows are essential to the health of the supply chain. Leveraging WIP software with data capture technology (barcode, RFID), manufacturers can analyze and monitor each segment of production and avoid costly bottlenecks and delays.
WIP Benefits for Manufacturers
- Tracking the transformation of materials from raw materials to finished products.
- Tracking work-in-process materials as they flow from production operation to operation
- Tracking labor consumed by individuals and teams on each operation for each work order
- Tracking materials consumed from stock on each operation of each work order
- Tracking depletion of floor stock based on back-flushing as WIP is reported out from each operation.
- Tracking set-up, run, down, and cleanup time for equipment and machines
- Tracking scrap and rework, plus secondary materials produced by operations.
- Tracking raw materials returned to inventory from jobs.
- Tracking the quality control status of raw materials, WIP and finished goods.
- Capturing materials traceability and defect prevention data.
- Tracking work-in-process by lot and serial numbers, including tracking which materials went into each unit or batch.
- Preventing mistakes by providing point-of-actions warnings when the wrong materials are about to be used for a work order operation.
Barcoding, Inc.’s WIP Solutions
At Barcoding, we offer complete solutions. For all of our software offerings, we recommend use case-specific hardware (mobile computers, printers, tablets, scanners, etc.) and our GoLive Services™ for staging, kitting, and configuration. For enterprise roll-outs, we also recommend our StayLive Services™ (help desk, spare pool, RMAs, asset utilization and management, etc.) to maximize uptime and the investment made in the technology.
Bottom line, you will have one partner to trust for increased efficiency, accuracy, and connectivity.
Real-time Work-in-Process Tracking FAQ with Barcoding Partner: Bellhawk
These systems can work stand-alone and can also automatically exchange data with a wide-range of ERP and accounting systems as well as with quality control, process control and test systems.
Work-in-process tracking is performed using touch-screen tablets, barcode scanning, and mobile computers. This data is stored in a database where it can be viewed (in real-time) by managers, supervisors, and customer service people.
BellHawk can track WIP inventory separate from finished product inventory using the same part numbers, thereby avoiding issuing special part numbers for WIP. It can also track WIP in multiple units of measure and convert between them.