Secure Card Printing from Zebra Technologies
The Zebra P640i is an industrial strength printer that easily creates secure ID cards for applications such as access control, driver licensing, national identification and secure identification. The Zebra P640i offers many best-in-class features such as lowest consumables per card, highest production output speed, continuous card loading and superior print quality. In addition to these standard features, the P640i specializes in security, and offers users the following:
- All necessary components: cards, print ribbons, laminates, printer and software printer driver
- Ease of Use
- No fine tuning needed
- Dual-sided printing
- 120 cards per hour (dual-sided printing and laminating
- Micro-positioning card transport system
- Covert printing capability
- Automated card cleaning before printing
- ID/Login & password protection
Who’s Using the Zebra P640i?
In order to prevent counterfeiting of ID badges, the Korean police decided to print their ID’s internally. They chose the Zebra P640i because of all its security features and were able to implement a highly secure, registered hologram laminate that was placed over te badge. Their previous solution did not have a laminate over the hologram, but since the P640i offers dual-sided lamination, the cards are now highly secure.
If you’re looking for a secure ID solution, learn more about the Zebra P640i by downloading the specification sheet.