Are You Ready for Item-Level RFID?
We recently discussed item-level RFID in retail, but regardless of your industry, it’s important to make sure that item-level RFID is right for you.
DC Velocity recently reported on the subject of item-level rfid, citing that companies that have implemented item-level tracking are achieving inventory accuracy rates of between 98 and 99.99 percent, increasing sales from 4 to 21 percent. Despite such impressive results, it’s important to stop and ask—are you ready for item-level RFID?
Consider it if any of the following applies to you:
- You’re inventory accuracy issues can’t be solved with barcodes—it would take too long to individually scan items
- You’re tracking higher-priced items—RFID tags are becoming more affordable, but still add to costs
- Your systems are coordinated and data is synchronized—you can’t start item-level RFID if you’re not organized
- You have items offered in different varieties, such as sizes or colors
- You have items with a short sales window, such as seasonal items
While implementing an item-level RFID program has many benefits, it does not make sense if your company is not ready, or your items are inexpensive.
Learn more about how you could benefit from an RFID system.