6 Questions to Ask Before Selecting a Barcode Scanner
Although there are only three basic types of barcode scanners (fixed, batch and wireless), there is a vast selection of each kind. It is important to look at all of your alternatives when determining which scanner is right for your application, the last thing you want to do is simply go with the most inexpensive scanner you can find. You need to take a close look at what you desire from a scanner and find the one best suited for your application. The following are six questions that can help you determine exactly that:
1. Will you be scanning items periodically or will the scanner be used continuously?
2. Will you be scanning items up close or at a distance?
3. Will the information scanned be needed in real time?
4. Will the scanner isviagraotc.com be used in a harsh factory environment or a normal store environment?
5. Do you require a hands-free barcode scanner or a hand-held barcode scanner?
6. Will the scanner connect to a terminal or do you require a wireless barcode scanner?
These six questions will get you started, but if you need additional information I can point you in the right direction and get any questions you may have answered by a professional.